Michele initially gained a Psychology degree, later working in special needs, addictions and counselling. Nutrition and natural therapies have held a strong interest for her since her teenage years. But it was her experiences of pregnancy and childbirth that gave her the opportunity to observe how good health, preparation for pregnancy and birthing could have a significant effect on the birth experience and the health of the child. During this time she utilized natural therapies such as nutrition, herbal medicines, meditation, visualization and yoga to optimize her own health and the health of the baby.
She completed a diploma in Naturopathy and Herbal medicine and a degree in Natural Medicine while raising her three children. In 2013 she completed training in Anthroposophical holistic health (as taught by Dr Rudolf Steiner). Michele has a specific interest in male and female reproductive issues and fertility, and has completed a Diploma in Fertility and Reproductive health.
Michele is a registered Yoga Teacher having completed her training with Ashram Yoga (NZ). She offers gentle Hatha Yoga classes for beginners and all ages in Hawkes Bay.
Michele is a qualified Laughter Yoga Teacher and currently offers these classes in Hawkes Bay.
She is a registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher, having completed her training in Fertility and Pregnancy Yoga with Dr Pooja Maddela.
- BA (Psychology)
- Diploma in Fertility and Reproductive Health
- Practitioner Neuro Linguistic programming
- Diploma in Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine
- Bachelor Natural Medicine
- Diploma in Reflexology
- Diploma in Therapeutic Massage
- Certificate in Anthroposophical holistic health
- Member of NZ Association of Medical Herbalists
- Member of NZ Natural Health Council
- Yoga Teacher Training – RYT 200, Yoga Alliance
- Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher